Friday, August 10, 2007

Rocky Mountian High 5


July 13. 2007

Hope you have had a great week. This week has flown by for me. Work has been crazy as we are expecting about 2000 folks to arrive this weekend. Yes, we'll be working most of Saturday and Sunday...trying to get folks in the right place and fully informed about the conference next week.

Work has been kind of crazy as we prepare for the masses. My team is pretty tired...so if you think of us...please pray...the next two days will be difficult and we will be very aware of our need for the Holy Spirit...hopefully..we'll be submitting to him all weekend as we serve the staff. I love my team...I have been blessed with such sweet relationships with them. It has been fun to live life with them in the dorms and in the cube. Some of my girls are heartbroken...some sick of people...and some just overloaded by life. I'm sure they would appreciate your prayers. Luckily-we got a new team member this week...he's fresh out here and excited about the work...which is nice to have at this point.

Some of you have asked about the devotional I gave on Monday. I have been so encouraged by the feedback from folks here. Basically I shared about unmet desire...using my desire for marriage as an example. In an effort not to breakdown in front of strangers..I made fun of myself and the situation/pressure out here. Most people found me funny...in fact
my director keeps saying... "I didn't know you were so funny!". I
talked about how we can choose to live with unmet desire in so many ways....hopelessness...or putting hope in our own strength..or we can live as Psalm 131 describes-as a stilled and quieted soul...trusting in the Father. It was challenging for me to share...in light of the past few weeks...as you all know. It was encouraging and healing for me I think.

Great news! My computer died yesterday...but I'm in CO which means I have tech guys at my beck and call. They worked all day and this morning on the computer...all to find out my memory was bad. At least we have a diagnosis...I'm getting new memory...but the best part is that it is fixed well. I'm not sitting here waiting for the next seizure.

I hope you're doing well. I can't believe it is July 13th already. I'll be back in Austin August 1st! I can't wait to get home and live life there. It really has been fun here...and it will be bittersweet to leave in some ways.

No comments: